Week 2 Review



(Eduardo Briceno. Web Source: TEDtalks)

The video that caught my attention this week was the TED talk by Eduardo Briceno entitled How To Get Better At The Things You Care About. This talk emphasized the difference between our learning zone and our performance zone. The reason many of us don't get better at things is because our minds are stuck in performance zone. To improve and move forward, we must spend time in our learning zones. This could simply mean taking 10 minutes out of each day to practice your skill in a non-threatening, low stakes environment. 

(Writer's Block. Web Source: flowchart).

This image stood out to me the most because it is something I often struggle with. I hope that as this class continues I can remember that simply starting to write is often the hardest part but the best place to start! One tip I utilize that I think could be helpful to other people is to set a timer and write for your allotted time whatever you want. When the time is up, you then review what you have written and pull out your favorite sentences! 

Comments

Popular Posts