Technology | Savvy Student

Because this is my fifth online class, I feel like I have learned the ropes when it comes to utilizing the Internet for education. However, all of my online classes have used the platforms of D2L or Canvas. I appreciate how Laura wants us to experience using actual web pages rather than Canvas because, she's right, we'll never use it again.

(Technology. Web Source: flickr)

Blogging is something that I have never personally done; however, many of my friends run their own blogs, so it is interesting to see the behind-the-scenes work. I am eager to learn how to create my own website as well. While bookmarking is a skill I already utilize, I do not know how to edit images very well. Through both image editing and graphics creation, I think that I will learn new skills that I would not learn in any other course. 

I will definitely be using the Writing Laboratory to complete some of the assignments. Although online classes can fall onto the back burner, I hope to maintain a scheduled-amount of focus each week on this course and give it the care it deserves; furthermore, getting insight and making my work as good as possible. 

Hopefully after this class, I can move from a novice technology student to a tech savvy graduate. 

Comments

  1. That sounds great, Camryn! Since I started teaching these online classes a gazillion years ago, there are now so many wonderful browser-based tools for image editing and other technological magic that makes things fun and easy to do. I haven't updated the Tech Tips list for this semester yet; that is something fun I will get to do this week. A friend of mine just shared a list of the best cartoon-generators, so I am going to explore what he found and see if there is one of those that is quick and easy to learn so that I can include that on the list for this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts