Storybook Favorites

In preparation for a future, semester-long assignment. I browsed through many past storybooks. I really enjoyed this time to reflect and browse through all of the different storybooks. It was a difficult decision; however, these were the three that I enjoyed the most and that appealed to my creativity.


(Shiva. Web Source: Muktinath)

This storybook is a creative interpretation of the popular website "Rate My Professor". For each sage, guru and rishi, there were ratings from various people, in which the writer was able to include descriptions for each sage, guru or rishi. I really enjoyed how the writer took their blog to the next level in web design. They made the page truly resemble "Rate My Professor", which must have taken a lot of time and hard work. Because the tabs were located at the top of the page, this blog was very easy to navigate.


(Rama. Web Source: Wikipedia)

This storybook caught my eye because it was inspired by one of my favorite shows, Gossip Girl. I found this writer's style of writing exciting and creative; they did a great job honoring the writing style of the TV series. One thing that I noticed was the lack of images in this storybook. It tended to be "wordy" and images would have been nice to break up the paragraphs. Other than that, it was intriguing and easy to navigate. I hope to have as creative of an idea as this writer did!


(Surpanakha. Web Source: Wikimedia Commons)

I found this storybook to be very intriguing. They created the storybook through the inspiration of a dating website. Each label of the blog was a section devoted to describing the special characteristics of each God. Their writing style was humorous and kept me engaged. I did not enjoy the web design or overall layout of the blog because the colors were drab. However, they found beautiful pictures, which livened up the post overall. 


Comments

  1. This looks great, Camryn! Isn't that RateMyProfessor site brilliant? It is one of my all-time favorites. The student had to build all the graphics herself, but there are some fun sites you can use to generate fake Facebook, fake Twitter, etc. which are quick and easy - Simitator is a good one for example. Maybe you will want to play with that for the story you write in Week 2! The Gossip Girl style, the datine website style: they are all really easy to adapt to all kinds of stories, and the weekly storytelling posts are a way for you to experiment with different styles to just see what happens! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts