Reading Options

Ramayana Online

(Ayodhya. Web Source: Wikimedia)

When looking at the first reading assignment, the style of the online Ramayana caught my eye. I prefer to read books online because of my fast-paced semester, so I think that this will be much more doable for me. I like that each reading is divided even further because that will help me to stay engaged and help me digest the material better. The illustrations in this option are also something that drew me in!


(Final Battle of the Mahabharata. Web Source: Philadelphia Museum of Art)

This is the second that will be required for this course. I am eager to read this story after reading a snippet of the first section "Vyasa and Ganesha". Again, this is online, which is much more accessible for me. I think that I will obtain the material easier in its broken down system. The audio tracks are also helpful when reading along.


(Sita Sings The Blues. Web Source: Wikimedia)

This option caught my eye because it was an alternative to reading. I feel like I will enjoy simply watching the story unfold. I think that this will be a great option for me as the weeks get busier with school, and I want to change things up! After watching the first few minutes, I am impressed by the film already. 

Comments

  1. I am so glad you are interested in the public domain online epics, Camryn! I made those a couple of years ago because there are so many students who want to do the reading online using free resources. And that Nina Paley film is just one of the really nice video options that will be available. There is a YouTube TV Channel from India called Epified which, as you can guess from the title, has lots of videos related to the epics that are done in a draw-as-you-go animation style. Having images either from classical Indian art or from modern animators and comic book illustrators is something that can really help you start imagining the epics and their characters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts