Tech Tip | Canvas Dashboard

For this week's tech tip, I decided to play around with the Canvas Dashboard. Because many of my classes have HES, BIOL, and CHEM course names, it is often hard for me to remember which class is which. With the help from Laura's blog, I was able to learn how to rename my classes to their "nicknames" or class names, such as "Principles of Community Health" instead of HES 4503. I started to explore the to-do list as well, and I plan on continuing to utilize this for my final semester. I also learned how to change the colors of each class on the dashboard page. I was able to customize the colors into purples and blues rather than the ugly bright oranges and muddy greens they originated as! With these updates, I made my canvas homepage more efficient and bright! It's not always fun to log on for homework, but hey, at least when I click onto Immunology to check my test scores, it's not a muddy green color!

Comments

  1. I am so glad you are exploring the Tech Tips, Camryn! I saw you did several posts already like that. Super! And that Canvas Dashboard option to pick nicknames is one of my favorite things about Canvas. And I like getting to choose a distinctive image for each class. If your other professors haven't picked images, you can tell them it is really easy to do; Canvas connects up with Flickr, so professors can just browse and find the images they like right there. I sometimes spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for the image I want to use ha ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts