Topic Brainstorm

After researching the topics, there were four topics in particular that stood out to me the most that I felt like I would enjoy elaborating on.

1. Kamadeva, the God of Love
I enjoy this topic because it always interesting to hear love stories from different cultures. I have no prior knowledge on any of this information, so I think that it would be an exciting challenge for me to attempt. I think this realm of love in particular would be a good topic because you can dive into other love stories, such as Ruru and Pramadara. I really enjoyed how one past project depicted Kamadeva as a love doctor/therapist, and I thought I could stem from that idea. Just from the skim of the readings, I think I will find adequate information from our readings such as Ramayana PDE.

2. Love Stories
Again, the topic of love intrigues me. For love stories, I would specifically like to try and look into a few different love stories that aren't so pretty and lovey-dovey at all times. Furthermore, write about stories of betrayal and loss. I have no prior knowledge on any of this information, but I know I will find a lot of information in our weekly readings. That is why I think I will find adequate information in our weekly readings as shown before like the Ramayana PDE.

3. Yoga
Yoga is something that I try to find time to practice in my daily life. I know the basis of yoga movements, and I know a few, very basic, theories behind the practice of yoga. After seeing the project IE Yoga Studios, I think that I could draw a lot of information from this site along with inspiration. I would probably write the storybook as if I were a yoga studio telling about different instructors at the studio and in that, including different characters/people from Indian epics as those instructors.

(Yoga Studio. Web Source: pixabay).

4. Music
Music is an integral part of my life, and it is very easy for me to unleash my creative side when it comes to anything with the musical arts. I got to look into a few different characters who were musicians or dancers, such as Rasa Lila, on Wikipedia. I think that these posts on Wikipedia will be a good start for my research. While I don't know a lot about music in Indian culture, I do know about musical theatre culture in America and on the West End. I considered making the storybook a site of different musicians or dancers' resumes, such as an agency of performers on an agent's website. Another idea was creating a Playbill type thing, in which a Playbill always includes actor bios and previous performances.

Comments

Popular Posts