Growth Mindset | Learn From Other Students Pt. 2

NEW LEARNING STRATEGIES

"I tend to focus mainly on my memorization which can sometimes only be for a little period of time. I need to find better ways to study in order to truly learn something and be able to apply it in a multitude of ways in order to truly use my education for the betterment rather than just trying to get a grade."

I tend to find myself getting into habits/routines very easily, and this tends to happen a lot with school. Although I have a routine that allows me to make good grades, I sometimes get so wrapped up in the "grade" and the "process" that I forget to LEARN. I need to try to learn new academic strategies, and this tip was a good reminder of that. 

(Challenges. Web Source: Flickr).

FACING CHALLENGES

"Challenges are healthy and help us live up to the best versions of ourselves. This is something that I really appreciate also because in my major there are a ton of conflicts and problems that are difficult to solve or even attempt to solve, and it is important to face these challenges with an open and positive mind."

As I enter my last semester of college, challenges are more often than usual. Each day I have a choice to face challenges or turn away in fear. This quote caught my attention, and I hope to utilize their tip of facing them with an open, positive mind. That is not natural or easy for me, so facing challenges will be a challenge within itself!

Comments

  1. Hi! This is a great post and I like the statements that you brought up. I also find myself so caught up in my routines that I forget to learn. Trying new academic strategies is definitely a good way to fix this. I also agree with your statement, "...facing challenges will be a challenge within itself." This summer I will be applying to PA school, so this statement is relevant to my life. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts